[SR-Users] GitHub discussion

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 12:22:24 CET 2020

Hello,

personally I prefer to keep the "official" community discussions in a
single place, because can be distracting and unproductive to follow many
places, risking that the main goal of building a knowledge base reduces
its efficiency.

I understand that one medium doesn't match all needs, a reason there is
irc/matrix room, to offer a place for more real time interactions. But I
would not like to use many platforms for the same type of communication.
I know that some people organized "unofficial" discussion channels (on
slack, telegram), that's fine, I am referring to what the project
advertises to be somehow "official" and what is under kamailio github
organization is implicitly in this category.

No matter I am more an email-oriented person than real time IM or
forums, but considering that it's a new feature of github, at this
moment I think makes no sense to go for it. There are probably other
concerns related to it, like ability to migrate the content when/if
wanting to switch to another platform, copyright of the content and the
fact that we enforce the entire community (not only the registered
developers) to make an account and "sign" the agreement with
github/microsoft.

Funding: https://www.paypal.me/dcmierla