[SR-Users] NAT problem with recvonly calls

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 09:56:13 CET 2020

Hello,

if the endpoint is not behind a port forwarding nat/firewall (when one
can instruct the rtp relay to use signaling address), then probably you
can try to remove the sendonly from the INVITE SDP. That will enable rtp
from endpoint to doorbell, which may rise additional concerns (e.g.,
privacy) if its is explicitly not wanted to happen. But as Alex said in
another response, the only way to get it work is to make the endpoint
behind nat to send a RTP packet. Usually the doorbells I encountered so
far were accepting incoming traffic as well, to discuss/interact with
the person ringing on it.

Funding: https://www.paypal.me/dcmierla