[SR-Users] question regarding rtpengine and ICE candidate selection

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Fri Dec 4 15:33:29 CET 2020

On 04/12/2020 09.24, Andrew Chen wrote:
> Hey Richard,
>
> So it is true rtpengine is handling rtp between kamailio and receiver
> (freeswitch).  I'm trying to understand if there is a way to not
> forward rtp to any of the ICE candidates in the original INVITE
> request from the client side.  In other words, have the client rtp
> forward directly to the rtpengine and not any of the STUN servers (or
> ICE candidates).  i honestly thought putting ICE=force in the
> rtpengine_answer would help in this case...but I don't see this part
> working.

But that is what's happening, isn't it? What other media would rtpengine
be sending to the client if not the media received from the other
client? So your A client is sending to rtpengine, and rtpengine is
forwarding that to B, while your B client is also sending to rtpengine,
which then forwards it to A. Where do you not see that working?

Cheers