[SR-Users] How to msg_apply_changes in a branch route?

Anthony Alba ascanio.alba7 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 09:36:13 CET 2020

Is there a way to obtain the effect of msg_apply_changes in a branch route?

I want to do:

route[BRANCHMANAGE] {

rtpengine_manage()
msg_apply_changes()
 // further mangle the SDP with textops for
// obtuse UAs

}

The reason for this, is that after forking, I have some UAs that are
extremely picky about SDP, and I need to mangle the body to make them
happy. (4000 char limit, 68 attribute limit on SDP body - ever seen
that? Compared with the absolutely gigantic OFFERs from WebRTC
signalling libraries...)

Now rtpengine_manage() and textops are working on separate copies of
the msg body and the results don't stack correctly.

Cheers
Anthony Alba