[SR-Users] Kamailio World Online Event - Schedule and access details

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 14:06:59 CEST 2020

Hello,

the schedule for Kamailio World Updates has been published - it is an
online event happening this week, on Wed-Thu, Sep 2-3, 2020, from
13:00UTC to 17:00UTC, more details are available at:

  * https://www.kamailioworld.com/k08-online/

The agenda includes presentations, live demos and open discussion
sessions, as well as an online party to celebrate 19 years of
development for Kamailio project. Being shorter than the usual Kamailio
World, the event has an obvious focus on Kamailio only, with sessions
about what is new in Kamailio ecosystem.

The sessions are done live, in a self-hosted Jitsi Meet video
conferencing room (hosting sponsored by lod.com), with live streaming to
YouTube KamailioWorld channel:

  * https://www.youtube.com/c/KamailioWorld/

If streaming goes without problems, the recordings of presentations and
live demos will be made available on YouTube channel after the event.

If you want to join the video conferencing room, be sure you are muted
and with video turned off, in order not to disturb the sessions with
unexpected noise. Un-mute/turn video on only when you want to
participate in a discussion.

Asking questions and text discussions can be done on our self hosted
Matrix server, in the room "kamailio" (full room id:
#kamailio:matrix.kamailio.dev):

  * https://riot.kamailio.dev/#/room/#kamailio:matrix.kamailio.dev

The server is federated, so if you have a Matrix account on another
server, you can join easily. During the event, we will allow guests to
join the room, so it is not really required to have a Matrix account.

Should anyone have issues joining the chat room during the event, reply
on sr-users and we will try to assist you.

As an alternative for posting questions, I will keep an eye on YouTube
comments during the live streaming and try to pass them to the speaker,
if something pops up there.

The last session on the 2nd day is the online celebration party for 19
years of development for Kamailio project. Grab a drink, prepare your
birthday speech and say it live, tell an interesting story about your
experiences in RTC or just enjoy open discussions with the other
participants!

It is the first time we are experimenting with a live online event,
testing looked good so far and we hope everything will run smooth during
the sessions! Anyhow, I am confident everyone will enjoy the event and
be able to (re-)connect with people from Kamailio community, no matter
where they are located around the world!