[SR-Users] Do I need RTPEngine at every location onsite for webRTC

Johnny Ritzer sudoritz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 21:43:59 CEST 2020

We have 100 customer  locations  and  I was  hoping to no deploy a kamabox at each location if traffic is mostly just local. But we  are building a WEBRTC.  and hoping our architecture  can use kamailio in the cloud.

Each location has a PBX onsite.  We  are deploying  webRTC so  need  that websocket setup jssip/sip.js.

SIP SIGNALING (relay) ()
UA(webphone) --> Cloud Kamailio --> PBX
10.0.1.100 --> cloud.kama.com --> 10.0.1.1

But  then  translate uac and  get RTP  to pass  locally without a device onsite at  each location.

RTP Flow (not going  through kamailio)
UA(webphone)  --> PBX
10.0.1.100 --> 10.0.1.1