[SR-Users] dns_naptr_ignore_rfc default value

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 17:24:55 CEST 2020

On 10.08.20 17:08, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> The DNS NAPTR is also turned off by default, which should be on, based
>> on RFC, iirc, but that adds extra DNS query and slows down everything as
>> most of services I saw so far do no relay on NAPTR.
> It is OK to have NAPTR lookup off by default, but if it is turned on, I
> don't see any point why order value is not obeyed by default.  For
> example, if TLS preferred, that preference should be respected for
> security reasons.

I am assuming that the rationale behind the default value was to have
the local admin decision precede what remote indicates. There are
parameters to set the preference for transports:

  -
https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/5.4.x/core#dns_sctp_pref_dns_tcp_pref_dns_tls_pref_dns_udp_pref

Funding: https://www.paypal.me/dcmierla