[SR-Users] Using wildcard certificates for Kamailio server

Leonid Fainshtein leonid.fainshtein at xorcom.com
Fri Aug 7 12:14:03 CEST 2020

Mark,
In my opinion, the Common Name (CM) is ignored when SAN is present.
Therefore, according to RFC-5922 the server identity will not be confirmed
and the connection must fail.

Anyway, I wrote a message to sipcore at ietf.org with a suggestion to remove
the restriction despite I am almost sure that the message will be ignored...
But I still try to understand why the smart guys who wrote the RFC had put
this limitation. The RFC was also publicly reviewed. I am afraid that I am
missing something...

Best regards,
Leonid Fainshtein