[SR-Users] Call in Progress Recovery in Redundancy

amitsharma at coraltele.com amitsharma at coraltele.com
Wed Aug 5 12:36:48 CEST 2020

Dear Daniel/Team,

I had raised one question in "Workshop 3 - Kamailio" at Cluecon 2020(Last
Night), i.e. Can Progress Call(Ringing Calls) be recovered in case of
redundancy with Kamailio. You were told me that straight way it is not
possible but try with hash table once. I had tried following link
https://wazo-platform.org/blog/kamailio-ha-dispatcher-and-dmq and able to
recover Call in progress within 2-3 nodes.

1.	My one question is that either this approach will work in production
or not.
2.	I have been using Freeswitch for last 6-7 years but "Call in
Progress Recovery in Redundancy" is not possible there in "Freeswitch", So I
tried Kamailio and got success. My Second question is that can it be
possible that Call established on Kamailio and after call set up Kamailio
leave that call and handed over it to Freeswitch for further processing(Like
Re-homing available in OpenSIPS). This will save years of time that I have
invested building features around Freeswitch.

Please suggest me the best way possible to achieve this.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Sharma

(Sr. Team Leader)

(An ISO 9001:2008 company)

Mobile:  <tel:9891612004> tel:9891612004

PH:  +91 120 2595870

Ext.:  <tel:870> tel:870

Email :  <mailto:amitsharma at coraltele.com> amitsharma at coraltele.com

Web :  <blocked::http://www.coraltele.com> www.coraltele.com