[SR-Users] Time taken for tls_fix_domains_cfg initialization to complete is 8 seconds

mahesh b mahesh.b.2487 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 07:59:12 CEST 2020

Hi All,
        I have 10 client profiles and 10 server profiles along with default
client and server profile in my tls.cfg

These are the numbers on time taken for tls_fix_domains_cfg initialization
to complete based on the number of client and server profiles i have.

Number of profiles

Time diff

(Sec)

No of tcp child processes

Start time

End time

5

*3.99*

42

16:47:01.836

16:47:05.826

6

4.69

42

16:59:29.335

16:59:34.027

7

*5.347*

42

17:04:30.271

17:04:35.618

8

*6.10*

42

17:18:41.109

17:18:47.204

9

*6.614*

42

17:22:36.869

17:22:43.483

10

*7.379*

42

17:27:46.676

17:27:54.055

Kamailio 5.1.9 version is running on the below

Linux Kernel version :  3.10.0-693.el7.x86_64

Centos version : CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708 (Core)

CPU : 2 cores with model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz

[root at miv5000 ~]# cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:        3882076 kB
MemFree:          811244 kB
MemAvailable:    2320356 kB

Openssl verison : OpenSSL 1.0.2k-fips  26 Jan 2017

Now my question is : Is it ok for the api to take "8 seconds" to complete
initialization in case of having 10 client and 10 server profiles along
with default profiles in tls.cfg ? The time units taken for initialization
to complete
should it be in the order of milliseconds range or in seconds range ?   Are
there any more parameters related to tls configuration like "crl " which
would play a factor in time taken for the initialization to complete.

Currently at my application level , timeout is happening as the
initialization is taking more time when more number of profiles are enabled.

Please share your inputs on whether it is justifiable with my setup
cpu/memory, it is ok for tls_fix_domains_cfg to take 8 seconds for the
initialization to complete.

Regards,
Mahesh.B.