[SR-Users] DNS SRV issue

Melek Oktay melekoktay at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 12:00:03 CEST 2020

Hi All,

I have a user, who has a SRV records like below,

srv:betaproxy.siptelekom.com
1- SRV betaproxy siptelekom 4 hrs 20 0 5060 beta-proxy-dc01.siptelekom.com
(X.Y.87.150)
2- SRV betaproxy siptelekom 4 hrs 10 0 5060 beta-proxy-dc02.siptelekom.com
(X.Y.87.160)

And I want to send the call to him/her, but one of the potential IP address
could be failed.
Assume that, first record (X.Y.87.150)  is failed when I'm trying to send
the packet. Later on, timeout occurs and our Kamailio
try to send the packet to second one (X.Y.87.160) after period ot time.

My question: Next time when I want to send another call to the same user,
how Kamailio could use second (X.Y.87.160) SRV instead of trying to first
one (X.Y.87.150) ?
What is the elegant way to implement this ?

Best Regards,
Melek