[SR-Users] Kamailio & rtpproxy with more than one external IP interfaces

Leonid Fainshtein leonid.fainshtein at xorcom.com
Wed Apr 22 17:16:41 CEST 2020

Hi,
My server has several external IP interfaces and one internal interface.
For some calls I would like to handle RTP via Ext1<->Int interfaces and for
other calls: via Ext2<->Int.
In order to achieve this,  I don't define the '-l' rtpproxy parameter, and
depending on the call, I set the required IP address as a parameter of
rtpproxy_manage().
I didn't succeed to get the desired result.
On my testbed, I have the following interfaces:
Ext1: 192.168.0.31
Ext2: 192.168.0.32
Int:     10.159.65.1

When I try to create Ext2<->Int (192.168.0.32<-> 10.159.65.1), the packets
that accepted on the internal interface are sent out from the
Ext1(192.168.0.31) instead of Ext2 (192.168.0.32). It looks like the
decision about the source address is made based on the IP routing table
information (?).
Also, I would like to have an advertised address for at least one external
interface.

Is it achievable with just one instance of rtpproxy? Or, it is necessary to
run two rtpproxies in the bridged mode wit configured advertize addresses?

Thank you in advance,
Leonid