[SR-Users] Parallel forking - first responder wins

Nuno Ferreira nferreira at fuze.com
Tue Apr 21 12:49:34 CEST 2020

Hi Alex,

Isn't the option of generating multiple call legs with a B2BUA more subject
to dead air/ghost calls than letting kamailio handle parallel forking?

Nuno

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 12:06 AM Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>
wrote:

> It should be noted at a rather general level that parallel forking is
> replete with race conditions, and is a nasty and unwieldy aspect of SIP.
>
> The pain of using parallel forking to implement something like "ring
> groups", for example, is often not worth the savings in architectural
> complexity.
>
> If you have some other means of accomplishing what you want to
> accomplish, e.g. using a B2BUA to generate multiple independent call
> legs simultaneously ringing multiple destinations, I strongly advise you
> to go with that instead.
>
> -- Alex

> Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)

*Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any

attachments may be confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you

are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this

e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail and any

attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or

any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the

contents to any other person. Thank you.*