[SR-Users] Dealing with mobile client state while using Push Notification and TSILO

Federico Cabiddu federico.cabiddu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 09:32:18 CEST 2020

Hi,
it's hard to track the actual state of the client in mobile scenarios. You
can achieve a better precision if you use tcp (tls) and
Kamailio's tcpops functionalities to track socket status and trigger
deletion of the usrloc entry, but even this is not 100% reliable. The
simplest solution, imho, is to relay the INVITE to the contacts you have in
your usrloc table AND send the push notification request as well. As you
said, if the client is already registered the push won't trigger a new
registration but the client will receive the INVITE on the "straight" path.
On the other hand ,if it is not the push will trigger a REGISTER and the
first branch you sent out will either be cancelled if the new branch
triggered by registration is answered, either it will timeout as in a
normal scenario.
Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Federico