[SR-Users] Confused with forwarding REGISTER

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 09:03:59 CEST 2020

Hello,

if the device is behind nat router, you have to do the nat traversal
logic, because the Via header will be a private IP address, which cannot
be used for routing by Kamailio.

To troubleshoot further, set debug=3 in kamailio.cfg and test again.
Grab all log messages printed by kamailio in syslog (there should be a
lot with DEBUG:...) and send them here. Also, get the pcap file with sip
traffic for such case. It helps seeing what addresses are in the SIP
headers.

Moreover, remove all those " == false ", as I said in the github issue,
that can be something not giving what you would expect.