[SR-Users] Using static entries with usrloc

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 16:34:18 CEST 2019

On 20.09.19 16:52, Daniel Tryba wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 04:37:20PM +0300, George Diamantopoulos wrote:
>> Am I right in thinking that merely INSERTing respective rows in kamailio's
>> location DB backend will do the trick? Is there anything I need to worry
>> about, like contacts being periodically purged? If yes, how do I prevent
>> that from happening? And will kamailio always query the DB when performing
>> location lookup or do I need to restart upon inserting new records (to
>> purge caches, for example)?
> I did the same (as in clients can choose to setup their endpoints this
> way, but nobody is doing it at this moment).
>
> This depends on what dbmode you have set. db_mode 3 will cache nothing
> and do a DB lookup for all actions. This is also safe for what you are
> wanting to to (in my experience).
>
>> Lastly, I'm not sure how to treat some fields present in usrloc tables like
>> ruid, expires (can I set this to NULL?), callid and cseq (which is
>> irrelevant since there's no REGISTER), flags, cflags and methods.
> ruid: doesn't matter (I set it to username)

Just a note: the ruid should be unique per record, it is fine if you
have one registration per username. It might not have impact if you do
not use gruu extensions of some functions that need the ruid (e.g.,
unregister by ruid, location record attribtues), but it would be safer
to just set it to a unique random value.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 21-23, 2019, Berlin, Germany -- https://asipto.com/u/kat