[SR-Users] TLS in-dialog set_forward_no_connect()and upstream TLS LCR gateway

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 08:50:46 CEST 2019

On 15.09.19 03:34, Anthony Joseph Messina wrote:
> I'm going to keep testing against the issue I originally reported, and
> probably wait until after 5.3 is released.  My issue may also be related to a
> combination of TCPOPS keepalive not keeping the proper connection open for
>
> UAC -> Kamailio/LCR -> TLS Gateway
>
> The connection that's kept open to the TLS Gateway is the original forward of
> the INVITE
>
> <Kamailio IP>:<ephemeral port> -> <TLS Gateway>:<Port 5061>
>
> The subsequent in-dialog connections (such as BYE from the UAC to the TLS
> Gateway) don't use the original TLS connection so they are prevented from re-
> connecting to the TLS Gateway.
>
> Again, I have to do more testing to clear up the root issue on my end.
>
> Also, for a more compact config, would the following achieve the same thing...
>

> route[NATMANAGE] {
> #!ifdef WITH_NAT
>         if(is_request()) {
>                 if(has_totag()) {
>                         if(check_route_param("nat=yes")) {
>                                 setbflag(FLB_NATB);
> ### Add the command here....
> 			 set_forward_no_connect();
>                         }
>                 }
>         }

You have to differentiate between calls with one side behind nat and the
other one on a pubic IP that is like a server/gateway and can accept new
connections, even for requests within dialog.

My initial change to the default config file was done in the perspective
that the respective configuration is routing between local users, where
is not common for a user device to register, then close the connection,
because it was using a ephemeral port anyhow.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 21-23, 2019, Berlin, Germany -- https://asipto.com/u/kat