[SR-Users] NAT problem

Arnout Van Den Kieboom arnoutvdkieboom at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 13:35:00 CEST 2019

Yes sorry, it is a typo.

I meant public ip...

But indeed, it does go once again through the firewall.
I am thinking the problem is here:

In the tcpdump (on kamailio) I see it says incoming call from:

sip:number at IP OF CARRIER

Ans it is forwarded this way to pbx

I "think" that this way the PBX will send a reply directly to the IP of the
carrier for RTP.
When I look at the tcpdump (on the pbx) it does seem this way.
(I am still trying to comprehend the whole sip dialog, learning bit by bit)

So, I am trying to change the "from" and "to" header to use the ip of
kamailio, and not of the carrier.
For this I am using uac module. But no success until now...

I had to do this to get call from extension on pbx, through kamailio , to
carrier to work (And this works (hurray)).

(Maybe I'm saying stupid stuff and I'm totally wrong)

Thanks a lot for the help!

Arnout