[SR-Users] Kamailio+B2BUA on IPv4-only and NAT64 Apple app store tests

Anthony Alba ascanio.alba7 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 03:21:26 CEST 2019

Hi folks,

I'm wondering what you do to pass Apple app store tests (IPv6-only
NAT64/DNS64 scenario) with the iOS app likely to put IPv6 addresses in
the SDP, when Kamailio and your B2BUA(Asterisk, FreeSWITCH,...) are
IPv4-only endpoints.

By "pass" I mean media flowing + SIP working - not sure the app store
gatekeepers would actually test media, but it would be nice to have a
robust solution.

Strictly speaking, this is not a Kamailio's problem but  a media
SDP/<your-rtp-proxy-of-choice> problem. But since everything is so
closely intertwined I'm wondering where you choose to the location the
"solution".

I have noticed that if Kamailio is IPv4-only and it "sees"
IPv6-addresses(Contact, Via headers??) it will try to resolve the
IPv6-address as a DNS name!

The Wikipedia article on NAT64 mentions 464XLAT(RFC 6877) and Port
Control Protocol (RFC 7225), but those seem to be deep rabbit-holes...

Cheers
Anthony Alba