[SR-Users] Command Line SIP client

Julien Chavanton jchavanton at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 15:56:53 CET 2019

Hi Gaurav,

Form my experience,
PJSSIP is one very good option for end to end testing, it is a very RFC
compliant SIP stack, it will fail if anything is wrong and will usually
provide verbose logging explaining why it failed.

If you want to integrate such a CLI tool in CI/CD to provide automated end
to end tests.
I would recommend looking at https://github.com/jchavanton/voip_patrol
(note that I may not be neutral since I am the author)
This app is based on the higher level library PJSSUA2 and is using XML
scenario (a little bit like Freeswitch does) and does provide JSON
formatted test results.

A Dockerfile is provided
https://github.com/jchavanton/voip_patrol/tree/master/docker

If you need to mock broken clients, SIPP will be very handy, since you are
mainly forging raw messages.

I personally use a mixture of both in CI/CD

Regards
Julien