[SR-Users] kamailio - failover setup

Sergiu Pojoga pojogas at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 16:24:34 CET 2019

Hi Daniel,

In an ideal world, DNS is, as you said, the easiest of approaches one can
think of. However, not all endpoints support [properly] SRV failover. Take
for example Asterisk's chan_sip. Is does resolve the hostname by SRV,
however the failover is proven/accepted as broken.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41487243/dns-srv-failover-not-working-in-asterisk

Cheers,
--Sergiu