[SR-Users] Kamailio as SBC for Microsoft Teams

Rhys Hanrahan rhys.hanrahan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 08:54:50 CET 2019

Hi Henning,

This is a great article, thanks for sharing. I'm wondering if you've
experimented with the possibility of integration of presence/dialog
information with teams as well?

Pretty much every integration guide I've seen on MS's UC solutions,
including the previous ones (Lync, Communicator, SFB ) always seem limited
to integrating calling via trunks. To me, the integration is not complete
unless you can integrate presence things like:

   - If a user is on the phone then their status should be "busy" on Teams.
   When off call, set back to Available.
   - If a user is on a call in teams, our PBX should consider their PBX
   extension as "in use".

Not sure it's possible, because I haven't seen anything of the sort being
done yet, but I'm curious if this is something you looked into at all?

Thanks.
Rhys.