[SR-Users] [abalashov at evaristesys.com: binrpc reply sizes]

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Oct 29 01:32:20 CET 2019

Hi,

What is the relationship between the `ctl` modparams
`binrpc_buffer_size`, `binrpc_max_body_size`, and
`binrpc_struct_max_body_size`?

More especially, how interdependent are they? Is there a set of
circumstances in which one would wish for the structure buffer to be
smaller than the reply body buffer? What about the internal buffer? Is
it used only for some kind of intermediate formatting, or does it also
hold the entire reply in some aspect?

The reasons for asking are predictable: RPC command 'dlg.list' throws
out "reply too big" on some occasions, and rather than simply increasing
all of these drastically, I would like to learn more about which ones it
makes sense to increase, and in what proportion with respect to each
other. I also think this idea should be more clearly developed in the
documentation.

Thanks,

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)