[SR-Users] kamailio - failover setup

Youssef Boujraf yboujraf at by-research.be
Mon Oct 28 06:03:09 CET 2019

Dear All,

I have seen in the new kamailio release 5.3.0, kamailio support for haproxy protocol – both the v1 (human-readable) and v2 (binary) versions of the protocol are supported ( https://www.kamailio.org/w/kamailio-v5-3-0-release-notes/ ) but it seems to be for Database, webserver failover not for kamailio itself.
Haproxy is ONLY supporting TCP but not UDP.

My question is :

I am looking for failover service of kamailio servers looks like haproxy but udp & tcp.

- one domain name : sip.secure.com pointing my public ip address.
- two kamailio server pointing same database content (user, whitelist, ...) no asterisk or pbx. Kamailio is used Only for signaling (users, whitelist & rtp)

Monitoring service : identify who is the kamailio server online, offline and the ability to force all the SIP/RTP/MANAGEMENT connection from Kamailio Srv1 to Kamailio Srv2 and vice-versa ?

Thanks for your suggestions.

--
Youssef