[SR-Users] Rewrite contact address on 200 OK?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Oct 25 16:58:46 CEST 2019

Hi,

I may be mistaken, but my reading of 3261 is that a final dialog-forming response may update the remote target (Contact) previously sent by an early dialog-forming provisional reply.

That having been said, apart from using nathelper techniques (add_contact_alias() and handle_ruri_alias()), I can’t see a good way to deal with this problem. In general, SIP doesn’t really contemplate situations where the network and transport-layer reachability information of an endpoint changes mid-dialog except as part of a target refresh request (UPDATE, re-INVITE).

—
Sent from mobile, with due apologies for brevity and errors.