[SR-Users] Rewrite BYE to Cancel

Lars Olsson lars.olsson at optimobile.se
Fri Oct 25 11:18:25 CEST 2019

hi,

I have a Kamailio setup infront of a SIP system that do not handle cancellation of a INVITE correctly.
The system sends out a BYE request instead of a Cancel request on non connected dialogs.

I am trying to find a way to let Kamailio "translate" the BYE request to a Cancel reqeust for the ongoing INVITE dialog.

Alternative if SEMS b2bua can do it, but currently it replies: "not sip-relaying BYE in not connected dlg", and I have not found any obvious way to rewrite it there.

Any thoughts. I can not change the behavior of the remote system.

Best Regards,
Lars