[SR-Users] mysql create user and grant privileges

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 11:00:49 CEST 2019

Hello,

the mysql server version 8 is no longer supporting creating the user and
granting privileges in the same statement, they have to be separate. I
checked the mariadb specs and they seem to support also the separate
creation of user and granting privileges in two statements.

I pushed the changes in kamdbctl to master branch via commit:

  -
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/commit/c0879add55bef77703f2259f224b4a1f954cd8bf

The reason I am writing here is to see if anyone is aware of some (old)
versions of mariadb or mysql servers that do not support the creation
and grant in two steps. If yes, then we can add a config option in
kamctlrc to do one or the other variants. But for now I did it only with
the new style, as it seems to be supported everywhere by latest
versions, to avoid unnecessary option to keep also the old style.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 21-23, 2019, Berlin, Germany -- https://asipto.com/u/kat