[SR-Users] [Dialog] Removing entries from dialog memory

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 15:33:05 CEST 2019

Hello,

On 21.10.19 14:59, Julien Klingenmeyer wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Just a follow-up about my issue.
>
> As I was not able to remove the dialog as I wanted, I preferred to
> create a new small RPC command to handle it.
>
> This new command forces a dialog (identified by call-id and tags) to
> be removed “silently” (i.e. without taking care of accounting, dialog
> end routes… and all the other stuff: I did not need to because the
> goal of the command is to deal with “ghost calls”).
>

> It just updates state of an active dialog (in state 4) to the
> “deleted” state and updates the stats.
>
> It only handles dialog in state 4 because I have no issues with others
> (dialogs in state 3 are regularly removed from memory after the
> corresponding timeout).
>

> After executing this new command: dialog is completely killed a few
> minutes later when the timer function /dlg_clean_run/ is executed.
>
> (and we can see in the logs the below line:)
>
> /NOTICE: dialog [dlg_hash.c:257]: dlg_clean_run(): dialog in delete
> state is too old/
>

> Command can be executed from script using the Jsonrpc server module.
>
> I am not sure it could interest other users (could be “dangerous” and
> scope is limited) but if you think it could then I would be happy to
> make a PR on git.

you can make a PR with this new feature -- if you document properly the
behaviour of the RPC command as it is, there is no issue with it. This
is not something executed by default, it is done (typically) by a human
that should decide if it provides what it needs or not.

Later, if someone wants to extend it, then they can add options to it to
behave differently.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 21-23, 2019, Berlin, Germany -- https://asipto.com/u/kat