[SR-Users] Kamailio weighted dispatch problems

Jasen Hall jhall at invoca.com
Tue Oct 15 18:55:31 CEST 2019

I am trying to change our request dispatching from round-robin to a
weight-based method (ds_select_dst() algorithm 9 vs. algorithm 4) and am
having a hard time getting an asymmetrical dispatch pattern enabled. In
testing, I'm dispatching to two Ringswitch servers and trying to send three
times the traffic to one instance.

My destinations list file previously set both endpoints in the same group
and simply provided the SIP URI for each. My new list file adds the
attribute `weight` to each endpoint and looks like this:

>1 sip:10.0.0.1:5060 weight=3
>1 sip:10.0.0.2:5060 weight=1

However, when I throw a couple thousand calls at Kamailio, I always end up
with an almost perfect split of calls to both ringswitches. Regardless of
the weights I choose, I never see variation in the dispatched load.

Does anyone have experience with this issue and have some guidance?

Thanks in advance.

--
Jasen Hall | Invoca

*Site Reliability Engineer*