[SR-Users] Possible conflict between t_newtran and setflag for ACC

Henning Westerholt hw at skalatan.de
Fri Nov 29 19:41:15 CET 2019

Hello,

a note has been added.

Cheers,

Henning

--
Henning Westerholt – https://skalatan.de/blog/
Kamailio services – https://gilawa.com<https://gilawa.com/>

From: sr-users <sr-users-bounces at lists.kamailio.org> On Behalf Of Patrick Wakano
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2019 11:14 PM
To: Andrew Pogrebennyk <apogrebennyk at sipwise.com>
Subject: Re: [SR-Users] Possible conflict between t_newtran and setflag for ACC

Thanks Andrew!
Daniel also pointed me out to this function.
I just think it is probably needed to add a note in the t_newtran docs that flags will be lost and the t_flush_flags should be used and not the other way around as it is today, specially because one function is in the TM module and the other in the TMX....

Kind regards,
Patrick Wakano

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 01:08, Andrew Pogrebennyk <apogrebennyk at sipwise.com<mailto:apogrebennyk at sipwise.com>> wrote:
On 11/27/19 3:26 AM, Patrick Wakano wrote:
> I am using the ACC module and using the setflag() function as done in
> several examples. It works fine. However, I've added the t_newtran()
> function almost in the begging of the INVITE handler to help the
> retransmission detection and after that I noticed the ACC was not
> saving anything in DB.
> So after debugging I discovered that if I call the t_newtran() before
> setting the ACC flags, the module will not save the calls in DB, but
> if I call it after setting the ACC flags, it works....
> So my question is, is this a bug or it is a expected side effect so
> when one is using t_newtran you must be careful and set all your
> transaction flags before? (ACC are the only transaction flags I am
> using so can't tell if other modules have the same problem)
> This is happening in Kamailio 5.2.2.

Hi Patrick,

just wanted to point out there is a function t_flush_flags, and it did
the trick for me when I observed the same as you a couple of
versions/years ago:
http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.1.x/modules/tmx.html#tmx.f.t_flush_flags

Regards,

Andrew