[SR-Users] Get totally rid of H.264 SDP

Kjeld Flarup kjeld.flarup at liberalismen.dk
Thu Nov 28 13:42:58 CET 2019

Hi

I have a door telephone, with GSM fallback. Since telephone operators are
going away from SS7, more and more traffic goes SIP.
Thus we now have some numbers where we can see that doing an invite with
H.264 causes them to fail.

I have tried to remove coded 96 with sdp_remove_codecs_by_id, but it still
leaves most of the video SDP in the invite.

SDP received by kamailio
            Media Description, name and address (m): video 6100 RTP/AVP 96
            Media Attribute (a): rtcp:6101 IN IP4 192.168.237.239
            Media Attribute (a): rtpmap:96 H264/90000
            Media Attribute (a): fmtp:96
profile-level-id=42000d;packetization-mode=1
            Media Attribute (a): sendrecv

After sdp_remove_codecs_by_id I send this. But without "96"
            Media Description, name and address (m): video 6534 RTP/AVP
            Media Attribute (a): sendrecv
            Media Attribute (a): rtcp:6535
            Media Attribute (a): ice-ufrag:35ZngQdL
            Media Attribute (a): ice-pwd:DG6kUbcYwBFKNS6YzCG27wRlG4
            Media Attribute (a): candidate:r9KO0wNPMTGktklS 1 UDP
2130706431 192.168.237.15 6534 typ host
            Media Attribute (a): candidate:r9KO0wNPMTGktklS 2 UDP
2130706430 192.168.237.15 6535 typ host

My problem is that the door telephone does not do an ACK when it gets the
200 OK
My suspicion is that it does not understand the video response
            Media Description, name and address (m): video 0 RTP/AVP 0
            Media Attribute (a): ice-ufrag:35ZngQdL
            Media Attribute (a): ice-pwd:DG6kUbcYwBFKNS6YzCG27wRlG4
            Media Attribute (a): sendrecv

Is there a way to remove the whole video part and not just the coded id?

It is not an option to disable video in the door telephone, as we need the
video. It is just in the fallback is must be removed.

--

--------------------- Med Liberalistiske Hilsner ----------------------

   Civilingeniør, Kjeld Flarup - Mit sind er mere åbent end min tegnebog
   Sofienlundvej 6B, 7560 Hjerm, Tlf: 40 29 41 49
   Den ikke akademiske hjemmeside for liberalismen - www.liberalismen.dk