[SR-Users] CentOS Repo for Kamailio 5.3 - Strange Python23 Dependency?

Zach Nielsen zach at callbox.com
Thu Nov 21 02:45:27 CET 2019

Hi all,

Working with some of our Centos-based Kamailio boxes lately has produced a
strange result when using the provided yum repos (download.opensuse.org).
When trying to yum update the system or install some additional modules,
we're getting feedback from yum indicating that it's expecting
/usr/bin/python23

--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: kamailio-5.3.1-3.1.x86_64 (home_kamailio_v5.3.x-rpms)
           Requires: /usr/bin/python23
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

Tried my best to do my due diligence here to make sure there was nothing up
with our local env that was causing this, but this issue persists across
multiple systems, including a new (no frills) one that we just build out.

Can I get some confirmation if this is a "me" issue, or if maybe there's an
issue with what made it into the repo? Also, just a general question...
what's the typical way of you folks deploying Kamailio from a sysadmin
perspective? Do you generally compile from source, or do any of you use the
provided repositories to manage it?

Thanks!
Zach