[SR-Users] Saving REGISTER status in kamailio database while REGSITER packets are forwarded.

Voip support voipexpert0 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 21:36:24 CET 2019

I setup kamailio to forward REGISTER packets using dispatcher to two
servers main and backup.

The routing logic is quite simple i use the dispatcher probing mechanism to
detect if my main dispatcher set id (one server) is active or inactive once
it detect a failure all packets are sent to secondary SIP server to achieve
High Availability.

I am looking for module or a way to save into kamailio database client
information such as IP address, register username (from FROM header),
digest username (authorization username), call-id for
successful registration.

I tried to use registrar module but once i used function save("location")
the client was registered on kamailio and packets was not forwarded to
main/secondary SIP server (like dispatcher stopped working, the destination
did not override).

REGISTER is sent to SIP URI of kamailio.

Please let me know if you have any idea how to make this data update in
database (insert an entry on fresh successfull REGISTER, delete on expired
or removed binding).

Best regards,
Tomasz