[SR-Users] dispatcher, pvar_hash and multiple kamailio instances

Barry Flanagan barry at flanagan.ie
Thu Nov 14 14:01:18 CET 2019

Hi,

I have multiple Kamailio instances using dispatcher using alg “7” - hash
over the content of PVs string, both using the same dispatcher list.

Is it reasonable to expect both Kamailio, given the same hash_pvar, to
select the same host from the same set?
Looking at the source I do not see any reason why not, but I am getting
different results from the two Kamailio servers. The only difference
between them is different minor version numbers - 4.3.4 and 4.3.7

I want to ensure that calls with the same hash_pvar value go to the same
backend no matter which Kamailio processes the request.

Thanks!

-Barry Flanagan