[SR-Users] Kamailio in cloud environments

David Villasmil david.villasmil.work at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 19:02:26 CET 2019

I needed to discover the user/pass for the dB when kamailio starts so as
not to store it locally. I get the data via an AWS script, then start
kamailio passing the parameters, then use of those in the script. You can
do exactly this to get and set the current ip address.

I don’t know how to share a thread from this mailing list, but search for
the subject “ define a DBURL with SLQOPS fails” and you will find all info
there.

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 at 17:48, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 06:16:44PM +0100, Alejandro Recarey wrote:
>
> > Hi, I am trying to get kamailio working cloud provider, autoscaling
> > them behind a TCP load balancer.
> >
> > Is there a way for kamailio to discover its Public IP at startup? Or
> > do people generally program their own startup scripts that modify the
> > kamailio config file before starting it?
>
> They generally do the latter, especially since public IP discovery
> mechanisms tend to be specific to the cloud provider.
>
> But various templating mechanisms make this quite easy to do.

> Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)

Regards,

David Villasmil
email: david.villasmil.work at gmail.com
phone: +34669448337