[SR-Users] Re-invite after RTPengine pacemaker switching?

Karsten Horsmann khorsmann at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 14:20:34 CET 2019

Hi Giovanni,

i have an SRTP and WebRTC DTLS setup with pacemaker/corosync and failover
works for SRTP (with REINVITES).
I use rtpengine with redis backend. On DTLS side, i dont got it working
with REINVITES.
AFAIK the session keys are not stored like SRTP in SIP Signaling.

So i thought, that calls are lost.

Cheers Karsten

Am Do., 7. Nov. 2019 um 13:59 Uhr schrieb Giovanni Maruzzelli <
gmaruzz at gmail.com>:

> ( but yes, it works on DTLS, I had not really read you were talking about
> DTLS. You must reinvite reusing the original SDP peers sent to you)
>

> On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:54 PM Giovanni Maruzzelli <gmaruzz at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I believe the problem is that there is no more tcp connection.
>>
>> Eg, if you generate a reinvite over udp, it works (with due care, you can
>> have the keys renegotiated as per beginning)
>>
>> But... you have no more tcp (tls is tcp) connection to send the reinvite
>>
>> So, it works on udp, but udp is no secure because it sends the keys in
>> signaling...
>>
>> So, end of story: you cannot failover TLS calls, at least not with these
>> simple techniques...
>>
>> Any other opinions? I am extremely interested!
>>
>> -giovanni
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 10:14 AM Karsten Horsmann <khorsmann at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> AFAIK the keys of an DTLS session are not restorable so after failover
>>> will come with an stale DTLS call.
>>> Only SRTP can recovered with RE-INVITES if you use some kind session
>>> storage.

>>> --
>>> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>>> *Karsten Horsmann*