[SR-Users] Call Routing at IMS

Valentin Christoph Christoph.Valentin at kapsch.net
Wed May 29 10:34:35 CEST 2019

Hi,

Afaik, this is a forwarding from ORIGiniating S-CSCF to TERMinating I/S-CSCF.

If the terminating user is registered at another S-CSCF or even at another domain than the originating user, then this procedure is obviously meaningful.

If we have only one network and one S-CSCF, then the procedure seems to be redundant, however for clarity of call flows, the procedure is not optimized but kept as it is.

If you have only one (logical) S-CSCF in your network, then you could try to omit the I-CSCF, just an idea.

Hope this helps.

Christoph