[SR-Users] RTPEngine / Transcoding question

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Wed May 29 09:25:42 CEST 2019

Hi,

the problem is, the device (a VoLTE phone) will ALWAYS offer AMR-WB and
AMR-NB and we will need to do transcoding to G722 / G711 in most cases
(unless the B-Party actually offers AMR-WB/AMR-NB).
The Answer may be pure G711 (RTPEngine will do Transcoding G711 <=> AMR-WB
[meaningless]) or G722 (RTPEngine will do Transcoding G722 <=> AMR-WB
[Makes sense]) or AMR-NB/-WB (no Transcoding [ideal]). If I could limit the
Answer from RTPEngine to contain only AMR-NB, that would ideal, as AMR-NB
has less complexity, than transcoding into AMR-WB and it would additionally
save bandwidth (which is important in our case).

However, I should mention that I am already more than happy with the
current result. Transcoding is working great, even with AMR/AMR-WB!

Thanks,
Carsten
--
Carsten Bock I Managing Director
ng-voice GmbH

Millerntorplatz 1 I 20359 Hamburg I Germany
www.ng-voice.com

Mobile +49 (0)179-20 21 244 I Direct +49 (0)40-52 47 593-40 I Fax +49
(0)40-52 47 593-99

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock, Dr. David Bachmann
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/

Am Mi., 22. Mai 2019 um 01:17 Uhr schrieb Richard Fuchs <rfuchs at sipwise.com