[SR-Users] rtpengine sessions on timeout not freeing up RTP ports

Istvan Mogyorosi istvan.mogyorosi at alertim.com
Fri May 17 13:02:42 CEST 2019

Hello

Another rtpengine related question after having successfully implemented
a dispatcher configuration.
Call flow is ok, everything works well until I tried to increase call
volume.
Kamailio log showing "proxy replied with error: Ran out of ports"
In the beginning both channels are up, then I can see a teardown on the
incoming channel loosing the ability to collect DTMF.
Using the CLI tool I have statistics showing that none (!) of the calls
are "regular terminated", they are on timeout.

After experimenting with handling BYE, I ended up could getting a
"regular terminated" call by using

route[RELAY]

if (is_method("BYE")) {
     rtpengine_delete();
}

and then I can see some good things!

Received command 'delete' from 127.0.0.1:58538
Scheduling deletion of call branch 'as65b95845' (via-branch '') in 5 seconds
Replying to 'delete' from 127.0.0.1:58538 (elapsed time 0.000216 sec)

Please correct me if I'm doing wrong this way!

cheers
Istvan