[SR-Users] DMQ re-ordering concern

Julien Chavanton jchavanton at gmail.com
Fri May 10 21:03:59 CEST 2019

Hi Charles,

By the way, great work implementing all of this !
As far as I am concerned, this is the best solution to create a cluster of
registrar, working great with well shared state overall.

Considering the usage of TCP to solve this problem for us, I can see that
this may be quite complicated.

If I am correct, modules like dmq_userloc are using the dmq api:
bcast_message and/or send_message and the request is actually sent from the
current worker process using tmb.t_request.
(If we did use TCP, than another process would take care of async connect)

It seems there will be no strait forward way to force the same process in
this case because DMQ is not controlling anything.

Maybe DMQ could expose generic a queue and forward functionality, when
queuing it would be possible to specify an argument/logic to make sure
order is preserved.
We can imagine that hashing over call-id would  for dialog and
registration  and htable name, etc.
(Then it could become an option to use TCP several connections to several
servers, etc.)

I may need to do some test and spend more time to validate my assumptions
... (or you may correct me to save some time)

Anyway I am not thinking about finding a quick solution for this, I beleive
there is no urgency.
Regards,
Julien