[SR-Users] Question regarding NAPTR and RURI

Schneuwly Mathias RUAG Mathias.Schneuwly at ruag.com
Fri May 10 16:33:55 CEST 2019

Hi

I've a question about NAPTR lockup and rewriting the RURI.

Following a little example:

- Alice at location A tries to call Bob at location B

- location A uses the RURI naptr.locationB.com to reach location B

- this NAPTR resolves to hostb.locationB.com and host B is listening on port 5070

hostb has the following alias defined:

- udp:hostb.locationB.com:5070

The problem now is, that the incoming RURI is "sip:bob at naptr.locationB.com" and the check to myself is not True.

Is there a possibility to rewrite the RURI to the result of the NAPTR query?

If I would add a second alias like "udp:naptr.locationB.com:5070" a check to myself would still fail as the RURI does not contain a port.

So I would have to add an alias like "udp:naptr.locationB.com" without port, then it would work.? Is this the way to go? Because the documentation says it is important to include the port, otherwise the loose_route() will not work as expected...

Thanks for your replies!

Mathias