[SR-Users] Udp errors on High Availability Setup

Arnd Schmitter aschmitter at megasat.de
Wed May 8 14:55:38 CEST 2019

You could also activate/deactivate probing via RPC interface on failover.

I think, that suppressing the error messages would require patching the code or setup some kind of filter in syslog or something similiar.

On Mi, Mai 08, 2019 um 12:42:47, Duarte Rocha wrote:
> Hello Arnd,
>
> Thank you for answering me
>
> That would be a solution but i can't use it since i need to be able to
> specify sockets on a per Nap basis. My listen config has more addresses
> than those mentioned by me and the sockets are part of the NAP
> identification.
>
> The best way to solve this would be something to suppress the error i
> think.
>
> A quarta, 8/05/2019, 13:04, Duarte Rocha <duarterocha91 at gmail.com> escreveu:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I have two Machines with Kamailio in a High Availability  (HA)
> > configuration. Both machines are active and processing calls and both have
> > one HA IP that can jump to the other machine in case of failure.
> >
> > I also have probing for NAPs configured with each IP as the socket.
> >
> > So, in each machine i have this configuration :
> >
> > listen=udp:HA_Address1
> > listen=udp:HA_Address2
> >
> > NAP 1 being probed from socket HA_Address1
> > NAP 1 being probed from socket HA_Address2
> >
> > I also have /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_nonlocal_bind with value 1.
> >
> > Everything works correctly with this configuration. However when the
> > probing is sent for the NAP' my logs get filled with the same error
> > messages.
> >
> > udp_send(): sendto(sock, buf: 0x7f2d4c91fa18, len: 340, 0, dst:
> > (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxx), tolen: 16) - err: Invalid argument (22)
> > CRITICAL: <core> [core/udp_server.c:602]: udp_send(): invalid
> > sendtoparameters#012one possible reason is the server is bound to localhost
> > and#012attempts to send to the net
> > ERROR: tm [../../core/forward.h:219]: msg_send_buffer(): udp_send failed
> >

> > The error happens because it is trying to probe a NAP using a socket that
> > isn't active at the moment in the machine.
> >
> > Is there a way for this error not to be logged or be disabled without
> > reducing Log Level to suppress CRITICAL errors?
> > I think this is a standard High Availability configuration. Is there some
> > setting that can disable this kind of errors?
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Duarte Rocha

Arnd Schmitter

MEGA TECH Multimedia Technology GmbH
Friedrich-Krupp-Str. 16 - 18
41564 Kaarst

Tel.: +49 (0)2131 794 154
Fax : +49 (0)2131 794 111

E-Mail: aschmitter at megasat.de
http://www.megasat.de/megatech

MEGA TECH Multimedia Technology GmbH

Geschäftsführer: Necip Varol
HRB 12332 Amtsgericht Neuss
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Friedrich-Krupp-Str. 16-18, Kaarst
Steuer-Nr: 105/5830/0754 Finanzamt Düsseldorf-Nord
Ust-IDNr.: DE 812.582.572