[SR-Users] Udp errors on High Availability Setup

Arnd Schmitter aschmitter at megasat.de
Wed May 8 14:34:01 CEST 2019

Hello,

you can give each Kamailio an own address on top of the HA addresses and setup dispatcher in config to use this address on default for probing. Small benefit: even if both HA addresses are running on one node only, pinging is still working.

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.2.x/modules/dispatcher.html#dispatcher.p.ds_default_socket

Instance 1:
listen=udp:Node1
listen=udp:HA_Address1
listen=udp:HA_Address2
modparam("dispatcher", "ds_default_socket", "udp:Node1")

Instance 2:
listen=udp:Node2
listen=udp:HA_Address1
listen=udp:HA_Address2
modparam("dispatcher", "ds_default_socket", "udp:Node2")

BR
Arnd

On Mi, Mai 08, 2019 um 12:23:21, Duarte Rocha wrote:
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> I forgot to mention, the Probing is being done by the dispatcher module and
> this is a Kamailio that works without registration
>
> A quarta, 8/05/2019, 13:04, Duarte Rocha <duarterocha91 at gmail.com> escreveu:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I have two Machines with Kamailio in a High Availability  (HA)
> > configuration. Both machines are active and processing calls and both have
> > one HA IP that can jump to the other machine in case of failure.
> >
> > I also have probing for NAPs configured with each IP as the socket.
> >
> > So, in each machine i have this configuration :
> >
> > listen=udp:HA_Address1
> > listen=udp:HA_Address2
> >
> > NAP 1 being probed from socket HA_Address1
> > NAP 1 being probed from socket HA_Address2
> >
> > I also have /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_nonlocal_bind with value 1.
> >
> > Everything works correctly with this configuration. However when the
> > probing is sent for the NAP' my logs get filled with the same error
> > messages.
> >
> > udp_send(): sendto(sock, buf: 0x7f2d4c91fa18, len: 340, 0, dst:
> > (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxx), tolen: 16) - err: Invalid argument (22)
> > CRITICAL: <core> [core/udp_server.c:602]: udp_send(): invalid
> > sendtoparameters#012one possible reason is the server is bound to localhost
> > and#012attempts to send to the net
> > ERROR: tm [../../core/forward.h:219]: msg_send_buffer(): udp_send failed
> >

> > The error happens because it is trying to probe a NAP using a socket that
> > isn't active at the moment in the machine.
> >
> > Is there a way for this error not to be logged or be disabled without
> > reducing Log Level to suppress CRITICAL errors?
> > I think this is a standard High Availability configuration. Is there some
> > setting that can disable this kind of errors?
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Duarte Rocha

Arnd Schmitter

MEGA TECH Multimedia Technology GmbH
Friedrich-Krupp-Str. 16 - 18
41564 Kaarst

Tel.: +49 (0)2131 794 154
Fax : +49 (0)2131 794 111

E-Mail: aschmitter at megasat.de
http://www.megasat.de/megatech

MEGA TECH Multimedia Technology GmbH

Geschäftsführer: Necip Varol
HRB 12332 Amtsgericht Neuss
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Friedrich-Krupp-Str. 16-18, Kaarst
Steuer-Nr: 105/5830/0754 Finanzamt Düsseldorf-Nord
Ust-IDNr.: DE 812.582.572