[SR-Users] GDB debugging Kamailio 5.2.2 IMS authorization failed by the SCSCF

Woscek, Martin W. mwoscek at mitre.org
Wed May 8 12:41:11 CEST 2019

Hi,

Looking for some advice running the debugger and setting breakpoints in Kamailio modules such as the SCSCF.
Example: We were trying to watch the authenticate() function:
714 int authenticate(struct sip_msg* msg, char* _realm, char* str2, int is_proxy_auth) {

Our Kamailio 5.2.2 code was compiled and linked from source with the -g option already enabled by default.

We also dropped our Workers to 1 from 16 in the scscf.xml file for the SCSCF to limit the thread count and get the following list of threads below:
We tried the first cdp threads: 8462, 8463, and 8464 and while we could set a break point at line 714 for the authenticate() function, it didn't actually break there at all.

Question:
What pid will we use to catch the authenticate() called during an initial registration from a boghe client?
Anything special we may be missing, gdb related or Kamailio settings?

kamcmd -s /run/kamailio_scscf/kamailio_ctl
kamcmd 1.5
Copyright 2006 iptelorg GmbH
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
For details type `warranty'.
kamcmd> ps
8456    main process - attendant
8457    udp receiver child=0 sock=10.0.20.1:6060
8458    slow timer
8459    timer
8460    secondary timer
8461    ctl handler
8462    cdp worker child=0
8463    cdp receiver peer unknown
8464    cdp_receiver_peer=hss522.irisims.org
8465    cdp_acceptor
8466    cdp_timer
8470    notification_worker
8471    notification_worker