[SR-Users] Auth for SUBSCRIBE and others

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Mon Mar 18 22:55:24 CET 2019

Am Montag, 18. März 2019, 19:42:30 CET schrieb Kevin Olbrich:
> I rolled back the change and Kamailio still sends the challenge. Seems
> I took the wrong transaction during debug...
>
> Am Mo., 18. März 2019 um 19:16 Uhr schrieb Kevin Olbrich <ko at sv01.de>:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am implementing forwarding of SUBSCRIBE (BLF) to an Asterisk behind
> > Kamailio. This works but Kamailio is not requesting for Auth.
> >
> > I then added SUBSCRIBE to:
> > https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/blob/master/etc/kamailio.cfg#L746
> >
> > And it now challenges the client correctly.
> >
> > Why does this line only show REGISTER?
> > Shouldn't it request a challenge for all messages?
> > And why does it work with INVITES ootb?

Hi Kevin,

have a look to e.g. this page:

https://andrewjprokop.wordpress.com/2015/01/27/understanding-sip-authentication/

"That means that messages like INVITE and BYE will receive 407 responses and
REGISTER and SUBSCRIBE will receive 401 responses."

For this reasons they are two *challenge functions in the auth module
available.

Cheers,

Henning

Kamailio services - https://skalatan.de/services