[SR-Users] Kamailio as Peer Trunk in Asterisk

Isravel Raja iraja at azpired.net
Mon Mar 18 13:22:09 CET 2019

Hi,

I wanted to achieve the following scenario with Kamailio and Asterisk/FreeSwitch

Kamailio as a trunk for Receiving incoming calls and forward to Asterisk and Make outgoing calls. My current working setup like this

VoIP Provider -> Kamailio -> Asterisk Clusters

Where Kamailio(NAT for public) and Asterisk in the same local network, So I had to do only one thing just create the SIP trunk in Asterisk for authenticating all the Kamailio Incoming calls and making outgoing calls like this

[kamailio]
host=172.18.1.1
type=friend
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
context=trunkinbound

This is IP based authentication, This is working fine since both servers are in the same local network or having the public IP's

What I want is, I want to register the Kamailio Trunk in an asterisk with Username Password authentication,

My current setup for making that,

VoIP Provider -> Kamailio(Public) -> Asterisk(Randomly Changing Public IP, Broadband Connection)

I want to register Kamailio SIP in asterisk trunk so that I can forward the incoming calls to asterisk via SIP extension

[kamailio]
host=172.18.1.1
user=user
secret=password
type=friend
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
context=trunkinbound

Let me know if anyone doesn't understand my concern

This e-mail message and any documents attached to it are confidential and may contain information that is protected from disclosure by various federal and state laws, including the HIPAA privacy rule (45 C.F.R., Part 164). This information is intended to be used solely by the entity or individual to whom this message is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this message without the sender's written permission is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Accordingly, if you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or call (insert phone number), and then delete this message.