[SR-Users] Drop 200OK re-transmissions of suspended transaction

Marco Capetta mcapetta at sipwise.com
Thu Mar 14 14:48:47 CET 2019

Thank Daniel.

Using htable as you suggested I was able to match incoming 200OK with
the suspended transactions in main 'reply_route' and drop the unwanted one.

Cheers,
Marco

On 3/13/19 4:50 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> htable can be (almost) always a rescue option -- define one with
> auto-expire value set to the transaction lifetime, when you know that
> next responses should be dropped, then add an item in the htable with
> callid as a key (eventually callid+cseq). When you get a response, check
> if you have the item in htable and drop it.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
> On 12.03.19 16:15, Marco Capetta wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I started playing with async kamailio feature, in particular using
>> "async_route" function provided by ASYNC module
>> (https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.1.x/modules/async.html#async.f.async_route).
>>
>> My scenario is the following:
>>   - A calls B
>>   - B answer the call
>>   - inside onreply_route[reply] I catch the 200OK message and I suspend
>> the transaction for X seconds.
>>   - after X seconds the transaction is resumed and the call continues
>> as expected
>>
>> Everything looks good, but I encountered an issue trying to drop reply
>> re-transmission messages.
>>
>> My desire is to drop all the messages received from B (basically 200OK
>> re-transmissions) meanwhile the transaction is suspended.
>> I tested "t_is_retr_async_reply" function provided by TM module
>> (https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.1.x/modules/tm.html#tm.f.t_is_retr_async_reply),
>> but I'm not able to get it worked as expected:
>>   - t_is_retr_async_reply() function can be used only inside named
>> 'onreply_route' (no default 'onreply_route' or standard 'reply_route')
>>   - drop() function, on the contrary, doesn't allow to drop 200OK
>> messages inside named 'onreply_route' (but only in default
>> 'onreply_route' or standard 'reply_route').
>>
>> Do you have any suggestion on how I can achieve my task?
>>
>> Thank you very much for your support.
>> Marco

*Marco Capetta *
VoIP Developer

Sipwise GmbH <http://www.sipwise.com> , Campus 21/Europaring F15
AT-2345 Brunn am Gebirge

Phone: +43(0)1 301 2044 <tel:+4313012044>
Email: mcapetta at sipwise.com <mailto:mcapetta at sipwise.com>
Website: www.sipwise.com <http://www.sipwise.com>

Particulars according Austrian Companies Code paragraph 14
"Sipwise GmbH" - Europaring F15 - 2345 Brunn am Gebirge
FN:305595f, Commercial Court Vienna, ATU64002206