[SR-Users] RFC: rating - ranking system for community

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 09:55:41 CET 2019

Hello,

starting to continue the discussions here on mailing lists about some of
the approached topics during the last IRC meeting -- there will be
couple of them.

The one now is about finding and deploying a ranking/rating system that
could eventually help community members to make decisions easier in
regard to what components to use in their voip systems.

The need was exemplified by user verticelo with the dificulty to decide
what KEMI scripting language to use. While maintaining all the app_xyz
are expected to be easy, at least I know that for those I created, the
arguments were also from the perspective of the community. Like what
others are using, so one can expect good assistance, hints and share of
knowledge via community forums. This can be also extended to related
tools, like what people use for shared IP high availability of kamailio,
preferred database servers, ...

This email is to ask if those that didn't participate to IRC devel
meeting find such system useful and, if there is a positive feedback, is
anyone aware of some OSS that we can deploy on kamailio.org for such
purpose? It should be something that allows posting a topic (title and
short description) along with a list of answers/options (each can be
again like a title and short description) and provide a way to rate the
options (like, thumbs up, starts, ...), eventually allowing also
comments for each option. I guess it sounds a bit like stackoverflow ...

Being users related, the email is sent only to sr-users, let's keep the
discussion on this mailing list.

Kamailio World Conference - May 6-8, 2019 -- www.kamailioworld.com
Kamailio Advanced Training - Mar 25-27, 2019, in Washington, DC, USA -- www.asipto.com