[SR-Users] Kamailio Peer Trunk in Asterisk

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Wed Mar 13 10:22:04 CET 2019

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 06:01:39AM +0800, Isravel Raja Thangamani wrote:
> What I want is, I want to register the Kamailio Trunk in an asterisk with
> Username Password authentication,
>
> My current setup for making that,
>
> VoIP Provider -> Kamailio(Public) -> Asterisk(Randomly Changing Public IP,
> Broadband Connection)
>
> I want to register Kamailio SIP in asterisk trunk so that I can forward the
> incoming calls to asterisk via SIP extension

For this requirement you dont need to register.

> [kamailio]
> host=172.18.1.1
> user=user
> secret=password
> type=friend
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> context=trunkinbound

If the host is fixed you don't need to register to make this work. If
you don't want to authenticate invites after a register you need the
insecure option in your peer config.

But the uac module was already suggested to handle authentication
requests and initiate registers.

> Let me know if anyone doesn't understand my concern

I dont' understand why. Why not have asterisk register to kamailio? That
way you:
-keep kamailio config simple (enable NAT detection and registrar in the
 default/example config)
-don't have to worry about detecting the chaning ip adress
-don't have to any portforwarding tricks on the asterisk side