[SR-Users] Releasing Kamailio v5.2.2

PICCORO McKAY Lenz mckaygerhard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 16:40:54 CET 2019

El jue., 7 de mar. de 2019 a la(s) 09:12, Daniel-Constantin Mierla (
miconda at gmail.com) escribió:

> I think in old debian/other-linux distros, the /var/run/kamailio was
> created from init.d, not by kamailio. On newer OS versions, should be
> created by

debian 8, 9 , and "old" as you pointed does not use init.d by default...
and about systemd

> systemd/tmpfsd at startup, otherwise kamailio attempts to create if it has
> enough privileges.

seems that's the problem, systemd create it with root privilegies

in wheeze backported the kamailio and uses init.d and there's no problem.,
so "olders" dont seems have problem..
but noted that when kamailio starts the pid are owned by root!

Cheers,